Do you ever think about the benefits of bottle gourd? If not, then let’s have a look some health benefits of eating lauki or dudhi.
With over 90% of water, Bottle Gourd (Dudhi or Lauki) is amazingly easy to digest. This is why it is recommended for daily use and consumption. So while you relish the juice and add oodles of health, you may also prefer making curry out of the chunks.
Here is how lauki or dudhi is hugely beneficial to you;
Health Benefits of Bottle Gourd
- Ayurveda recommends Bottle Gourd for better digestive and treatment of digestive disorders
- If you wish to get rid of heavy burning sensation while urinating, eating the Lauki (Bottle Gourd) consecutively for a couple of days treats the condition
- It prevents premature greying of hair and is very effective on controlling inflammation of the liver
- This may also be tried to lose weight. Considering it is mainly made up of water, it adds no calories to your body while it increases the rate of metabolism of the body
- Many Diabetic patients suffer from regular thirst with the need to quench it again and again. Eating Bottle Gourd regularly maintains the hydration of the body making it feel the thirst lesser.
Apart from this, you may also grate Bottle Gourd and apply it on the darkened areas of the body to lighten them. A glass of juice each day would keep a check on your overall health.
I am pretty sure that these major benefits of bottle gourd inspire you to cook it now at home 🙂