This is your ultimate guide covering effective dark circles remedies that you can try step by step.
Here, you will learn how to analyse dark shades around and under the eyes, what remedies you can go for to get rid of dark circles, and how to implement those remedies in a right manner.
So, let’s jump right in…
You may have beautiful skin and gorgeous hair, but you will still fail to look good if you cannot get rid of your dark circles.
If you want to remove those unsightly shades around your eyes, you will have to work in three steps.
They are –
Read through the section below to find out how to remove dark circles using home remedies.
- 1 Find and Address Underlying Health Conditions
- 2 Skin Care for Dark Circles
- 3 Use Proper Protection
Find and Address Underlying Health Conditions
You may develop dark circles due to a number of health and lifestyle issues.
Here we have discussed the most common ones among them.
Insufficient Water Consumption
You must consume enough water to flush out harmful toxins present in your body. Accumulation of toxins is one of the main causes of dark circle formation.
Home remedy: Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses (considering each glass contains 250 ml water) of water every day. This may include juices, herbal teas, and all other nutritious beverages you consume.
Low Haemoglobin Levels
Get your haemoglobin levels checked. If it’s too low, get in touch with your physician. He will prescribe you some iron capsules.
Home remedy: Add meat, fish, eggs, soy products, figs, dates, green leafy veggies like spinach and kale, broccoli, green beans, and nuts to your daily diet.
Sleep Deprivation or Sleeplessness
If you are insomniac or love to stay awake till late in the night, dark circles would become an inevitable part of your life.
Home remedy: Stop looking at your mobile phone or watching your favorite TV before bedtime.
If you are still finding it difficult to fall asleep, have a glass of warm turmeric milk before going to bed.
Besides it, you can try these remedies for sleeplessness.
High stress level is another common cause of dark circles.
Home remedy: Sleep well, exercise, and eat a nutritious diet. Stay away from caffeinated drinks as caffeine has been proved to increase stress levels significantly.
Consumption of Unhealthy Food
You cannot expect to get rid of your dark circles if you continue consuming preservative-heavy, junk food and aerated beverages.
Home remedy: Consume as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. Replace the junks with salads and freshly extracted juices.
Skin Care for Dark Circles
Cucumbers are the most effective remedies for treating dark circles and swollen eyebags.
- Slice some cucumbers and keep them inside the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Leave the cold cucumber slices on your dark circles for 15 minutes. You can change the slices in between if they lose their chilliness.
- After 15 minutes, wash your eyes using lukewarm water.
- Do this twice every day and you will start seeing results within just 3 to 4 days.
Lycopene, an active ingredient of tomato, comes with a range of skin care benefits.
- Mix a teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice (both should be freshly extracted).
- Dip a cotton ball into the juice mix and apply it around your eyes.
- Wait for 10 minutes and wash the juice off using lukewarm water.
- Do this once every day after coming back from work and you will see your dark circles get significantly lighter within a week.
You can also start consuming a cup of fresh tomato juice every day. It will cleanse your system and remove dark circles gradually.
Tea is a rich source of several beneficial antioxidants. This remedy can be tried using both black tea bags and green tea bags.
- Soak a couple of tea bags in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Take out the bags and keep it inside the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until the teabags cool down completely.
- Place the cold tea bags on your eyes and wait for 20 minutes.
- You will see your dark cycles become lighter within just a couple of days of using this remedy.
Rose water is widely used as a skin care ingredient due to its ability to rejuvenate our skin almost instantly.
- Take some rose water in a medium-sized glass bowl and soak cotton pads into it.
- Take out the cotton pads, squeeze them gently so that there’s no excess rose water in them.
- Place the pads on your eyes and relax for 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash of your face using cold water.
- Repeat the remedy every day and see your dark circles go away completely within a month.
This rich source of vitamin E would help you to boost the health of the skin around your eyes.
- Apply a few drops of almond oil around your eyes.
- Use your ring finger or middle finger to massage the area gently.
- Do this just before going to bed. Leave the oil overnight and wash it using lukewarm water after waking up in the morning.
The vitamin C in potato will help you in bringing back your skin’s radiance. This remedy is particularly useful for removing dark circles.
- Grate a couple of large potatoes and extract the juice.
- Soak cotton pads in the juice for 10 minutes.
- Apply the pads on your dark circles and keep them for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face off using lukewarm water. Repeat the remedy every day for quick results.
Use Proper Protection
Following the above steps would help you get rid of your dark circles almost entirely within a month. However, your job is not over until you succeed in preventing reappearance of the unsightly marks around your eyes.
To stop further occurrence of dark circles, do the following:
- Wear sunglasses whenever going out.
- Take iron supplements regularly
- Stop partying till late night
- Apply a sunscreen whenever you go out during the daytime
If the above dark circles remedies fail to cure the condition, you should get yourself checked by a physician. He is the best person to detect whether the problem is caused by a more serious underlying condition.