Managing your diabetes is not a science, it is an art. So manage your diabetes with home remedies as it is the easiest way to get rid of it. Diabetes is one of the fastest growing lifestyle disorder that can be effectively managed with some simple diabetes home remedies that can be used in our daily routine.
Diabetes is one of the most common disorders. There are three major types of diabetes which affect the pancreas. These three types of diabetes are discussed below:
Type 1 Diabetes: This is a kind of diabetes when the body is unable to generate insulin. In this condition the patient is dependent on insulin. He/ She has to inject insulin subcutaneously. Type 1 diabetes occurs generally in teenagers or in early 40s.
Type 2 Diabetes: This is the type of diabetes that occurs when insulin is produced in adequate quantity by the pancreas but the produced amount is not properly absorbed by the body cells. This condition results in high levels of blood sugar.
Type 3 Diabetes: This type of diabetes occurs in pregnant women which is also known as gestational diabetes.
Here are the symptoms of diabetic patients that can be cured easily by some home remedies like increased urination, increased thirst, sudden rise in blood sugar levels, gradual loss in weight, feeling hungry most of the time, itching in skin, dry skin, slow healing of wounds and abrasions, fatigue, irritation, tingling sensation, numbness, blurred vision, presence of ketones in urine.
Diabetes Home Remedies That Work Best for All
- Bitter Gourd Juice: Drink a glass of bitter gourd juice empty stomach every morning as it is one of the most effective ways to prevent sugar level fluctuations. This juice influences the glucose metabolism in the body, helps to stimulate pancreatic insulin secretion. Bitter gourd is also rich in iron content.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Soak one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in hot water overnight, consume this water in the morning on an empty stomach. Patient can also swallow a handful of fenugreek seeds with milk. Fenugreek seeds have the potential to improve glucose tolerance and lower the levels of blood sugar. These seeds have high presence of fiber along with hypo-glycemic properties. Follow this home remedy for a few days to get effective results.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Prepare Aloe Vera juice by adding two teaspoons of bay leaf powder, one teaspoon turmeric powder and one teaspoon aloe sap. Drink this mixture twice a day. As Aloe Vera is rich in phytosterols and exhibits anti-hyperglycemic effects, it controls and regulates sugar level.
- Curry Leaves: Chew 10 to 12 curry leaves everyday as these leaves lower the rate of starch breakdown. Keep the blood sugar levels normal.
- Garlic cloves: Chew one to two garlic cloves as it has anti-oxidants, micro-circulatory properties which reduce the blood sugar levels.
- Jamun Powder: Consume a teaspoon of Jamun powder daily as it contains hydrolysable tannins, ellagic acid, anthocyanins in it which lower the sugar levels in blood and urine. Jamun juice can also be consumed as it is rich in anti-diabetic properties.
- Guava fruit: Eat whole guava fruit as it is enriched with vitamin C and fiber. Guava is considered as a very good home remedy for diabetes. Consume one fruit daily.
- Mango Leaves: Powder dried mango leaves and take half teaspoon of this powder with lukewarm water on an empty stomach every morning. These mangoes leaves possess the ability to regulate insulin levels in the body and improve blood lipid levels.
- Indian Gooseberry juice: Take two tablespoons of Indian Gooseberry juce, mix it into one cup of water, and drink it on an empty stomach to regulate sugar levels. This juice promotes proper functioning of the pancreas.
- Cinnamon Powder: Mix four teaspoons of cinnamon powder to a cup of water, boil this mixture, when it is reduced to half, and drink this mixture once every day. This herbal remedy maintains blood glucose levels in the
- Flax seeds: Consume one tablespoon of flaxseeds powder every morning on an empty stomach with a glass of lukewarm water as flaxseeds contain high fiber which help in proper digestion and aid in proper absorption of fats and sugar. These seeds helps in reducing diabetic’s postprandial sugar level.
- Neem leaves juice: Drink one cup of neem leaves juice on an empty stomach. Neem leaves helps to improve blood circulation by dilating the blood vessels, lowers blood glucose levels and enhances insulin receptor sensitivity.
- Tulsi leaves: Eat two to three tulsi whole leaves or about one tablespoon of its juice on an empty stomach to lower the level of blood glucose. These leaves contain antioxidants, essential oils that produce methyl eugenol, caryophyllene and eugenol in it. These compounds collectively help the pancreatic beta cells to function properly and increase sensitivity to insulin.
- Green tea: Consume a cup of green tea daily as it is high in polyphenol content which acts as a strong anti-oxidant and hypo-glycaemic compound that control the blood sugar level.
- Drumstick leaves: Drink one-fourth cup of drumsticks juice empty stomach, every morning as it keeps the blood sugar level under control. This is one of the simple home remedy.
- Parsley juice: Made a tea from leaves of parsley and drink it. As it acts as a diuretic which is good for lowering increased blood sugar level.
- Fig leaves: Make a tea of leaves of the fig plant or even chew these leaves on an empty stomach as it possesses anti-diabetic properties in it.
Diabetes if poorly controlled or left untreated may lead to blood vessel damage, kidney disease, blindness, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, nerve damage, limb amputation and coma. So, to protect yourself from these complications diabetic patients can use these simple home remedies. As these remedies are easy available, therefore, can be used daily.