Bitter gourd also known as bitter melon or Karela are an extensive ingredient of the Asian Cooking both sue to the classic taste and the ease of cooking and also due to the health benefits that it has to offer. This is the prime reason why Karela is one of the common recipes in the Indian household.
So, let’s have a look at some major bitter gourd benefits and easy ways to cook Karela at home.
Health Benefits of Bitter Gourd
There are various health benefits of Karela (Bitter Gourd). Some of the most common ones are:
- Rich in antioxidants and minerals, Bitter guards helps in limiting the process of aging
- It acts as a natural detoxifying agent for the body and cleanses the internal organs
- Karela is also used in ancient medicine as a remedy against liver disorders
- It helps in maintaining the fat content in the body and also helps in building a strong immune system.
Bitter Gourd Juice Benefits
People can eat this bitter vegetable in so many different ways. Some are used to drink bitter gourd juice, some would like to have it in the form of curry or snacks. Here, we will tell you some amazing bitter gourd health benefits when you take it in the form of juice.
- Keeps your blood sugar level on track
- Reduces bad cholesterol level
- Takes care of your hair and skin
- Cleanses the liver
- Works effectively for hangover
- Helps in reducing weight
- Improves immune system
- Very good for eyes
And the list go on…
Ways to cook Karela (Bitter Gourd)
- Chop singular discs very thin in texture and deep fry them. Sprinkle spices and salt to taste to make the best home-made Karela chips
- Slice them and pickle them for the most exquisite taste
- Cook them as a curry vegetable with garnishing of tomatoes and onions
- Karela (Bitter Gourd) Juice is considered to be the best that a Diabetic can have. Juice the Karela and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning to reap the benefits.
- You may also grate a raw Karela and run it in the grinder with coriander and green chilli to make chutney.