Fibroids – Type of tumors in female reproductive system. Which Changes the shape and size of the uterus. Several unfriendly signs which are symptomless are felt. Fibroid grow the smooth muscle layer and tissues and grow in size varying in different cases. Overweight & obese woman are more like to develop fibroid.
Types of Fibroid
Least common Fibroid in comparison to others, but when they develop, Big Submucosal fibroid tumors can increase the size of the uterus cavity, and block the fallopian tubes which will be worries with fertility. Excessive menstrual bleeding and problem in conceiving. This tumors grows in the middle muscle layer (myometrium) of uterus.
Subserosal fibroids typically develops on the outer side of your uterus, Growth in Subserosal fibroid tumor puts extra pressure on the adjoining organs.
Intramural fibroids are the most common fibroid. As the intramural fibroid tumor enlarges, it make the uterus feel bigger than normal, which is mistaken for pregnancy or weight gain.
In pedunculated fibroids, a base is formed which helps in supporting tumors
These tumors develop in the cervix.
Symptoms of Fibroids
- Fullness of lower abdomen
- Frequent urination
- Pain during intercourse
- Pain in lower back
- Signs of clotting
Fibroid according to Ayurveda
Fibroid according to Ayurveda are mentioned under granthi / arbuda. Formation of cyst and fibroid are due to accumulation of kapha, with disturbance in vata and pitta. As per Ayurveda artava vaha srotas comprises tissues, secretions and content of uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and breast along with the channels that carry female reproductive system. If the accumulation of kapha remains unchecked can affect other parts also. The kapha properties effect the mucosa thickens, viscosity and adherence. The Kaphaja granthi is less painful but it increase the size. Imbalanced vita leads to heavy blood loss.
Herbs Used to Cure Fibroid
1. Chaste Berry – also known as Vitex agnus-castus. It is abrilliant herbal solution to maintain hormonal balance, lower estrogen levels and reduce inflammation. Simply take 25 to 30 drops of chasteberry tincture two to four times a day.It helps regulate female hormones and stimulates the pituitary gland
Note: Chasteberry will help regulate menstruation and bleeding between periods, but may also reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills.
3. Piper longum – Anti-inflammatory herb which helps in balance the hormonal level.
4. Gooseberry is an antioxidant and immunomodulatory, it is an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to reduce fibroids and their symptoms.
Mix together one teaspoon each of Indian gooseberry powder and honey.
Consume it daily, first thing in the morning.
Continue for at least a few months to get positive results.
5. Green Tea-It is anti-inflammatory, ant proliferative and antioxidant effects. Scholars have found that in addition to reducing the size of fibroids, green tea can reduce the severity of fibroid symptoms.
6. Aloe Vera-One of the most useful plants for the treatment of several health problems is Aloe Vera. It is equally beneficial for healing fibroids. Mix ¼ cup of aloe vera juice with 1 cup of beet juice in a glass. Add few lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of un- sulphureted blackstrap molasses. Pour enough water to fill a glass. This mixture helps shrink fibroids.
7. Ginger – It is very effective to reduce the pain and increase blood circulation. You can
prepare tea by adding some fresh ginger roots in a glass of boiling water. Strain the tea and drink it many a times in a day. Ginger root also helps reduce inflammation in ovaries and uterus.