Eczema can be irritating and annoying, and just when you finally got rid of it, this skin issue will also leave scars on your legs, arms or anywhere that has been affected by eczema. If you are suffering from this disease, then it is important to find ways to get rid of the eczema scars fast.Don’t wait for it to get worst and worst until it might develop an infection.
In this post we will discuss different ways on how to get rid of eczema on legs and also show you some effective home remedies for eczema as well.
Possible Causes of Eczema
Eczema related to a chain of dry skin problems explained by inflammation, rashes, itchiness, swelling, peeling off, crusting, breaking up, blistering, oozing out or bleeding. Each of these symptoms is not present in all cases of eczema.
Yet, the most familiar symptoms are itchiness and dryness. In prolonged instances, the skin can also become dense or discolored.
The particular cause of eczema is not identified; it has just experienced that combinations of environmental elements and hereditary unites to give rise to eczema in vulnerable humans.
There are two theories with references to the rudimentary causes of eczema. One if the hypersensitive and the other is hygiene theory.
The Hygiene Theory
This theory says that kids who are brought up in a clean environment are more probable to develop eczema in addition to separate allergy related circumstances. These conditions include celiac disease and bronchial asthma.
It is experienced that exposure to different immune system modulators and bacteria are significant during early growth. Kids who don’t find these exposures are at raising risk for getting eczema and bronchial asthma.
The Hereditary Factor
It is said that the kids of parents who have eczema or definite atopic precondition like as atopic dermatitis and asthma are more potential to develop eczema.
There has also been evidence that aims to a flaw in the protective fat layer of the skin. People suffering from eczema will have a flaw layer of skin beneath the epidermis that is the external layer of the skin that makes it more porous than regular skin. As an answer water is lost from the lower – ranking levels of the skin, which results in dryness, which is the primary symptom of eczema.
Symptoms of Eczema
Not all of these symptoms will be present, but most of them will be
- Itchiness – this is the prime symptom of eczema and will often be worse during the night. But, itching alone does not necessarily mean you have eczema for sure, as itching can also be a symptom of many other conditions too.
- Brown or red patches of skin discoloration – This is due to the skin being inflamed, which means there will be an increased blood flow to the affected body parts, which makes it look bruised or red. But bacterial infections can also be a culprit for this kind of redness.
- Cracked, thick skin – when an area of skin is affected by eczema, it can often become hard or thicker than normal skin. This is usually the skin’s own protective mechanism as a result of scratching the affected areas.
- A’bubbled up’ appearance – when eczema affects an area of skin, this could cause tissue fluids to ooze between the cells and form blisters. In some forms, these blisters can have pus, and when scratched the skin can form into a kind of crust.
How to Get Rid of Eczema Scars on Legs
If you have been suffering from eczema and want to get rid of the scars, here are some tips and suggestion also some home remedies that can help alleviate the symptoms and reduce your suffering from this itchy disease.
- Research about the disease – it is important to know about the disease before treating it. Learn all possible things about eczema and self – medicate or change your diet. Don’t forget to ask your doctor before doing it.
- Diet – to get rid of eczema scars fast, diet is one of the major things to follow. It is one of the factors that can trigger or affect the development of the skin, reddening, itching, flaking, and dryness. Certain food triggers for one may not be a trigger to another, so it is essential to take note of your own personal triggers.
- Skin irritants – this can also lead to the development of eczema. Don’t wear tight clothing and certain clothing fiber can irritate your skin or might aggravate the existing rashes. Opt for cotton ones that allow your skin to breath as well.
Home Remedies of Eczema Scars on Legs
You can get rid of eczema scars on legs fast with these simple DIYs that you can do at your home to manage the condition.
Aloe Vera is a miracle herb that can treat eczema, both internally and externally. It is well known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. As this skin condition involves skin dryness and skin crusting, applying the fresh gel directly on the affected skin can help you to heal the wound and keeps it moisturized.
A natural exfoliant and a great home remedy for all skin conditions especially for eczema. But, unlike other exfoliants, it can calm itching. Mix baking soda with one tablespoon of water to make a paste. Rub it directly on the legs for around 4 to 5 minutes. Rinse it off with luke warm water and dry it immediately with a cloth to avoid skin tears.
An antioxidant-rich oil particularly Squalene and tyrosol. These antioxidants are important in enhancing blood flow to scar tissue to help lessen their appearance. It can get deep into the skin layers aside from its properties. Olive oil help prevents dryness, apply a warm compress to make the absorption process easier.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Drinking a glass of apple cider vinegar with some honey will help enhance your immune system and reduce the chances of eczema outburst.
One of the best home remedies for eczema which also works best for a lot of skin issues. It has vitamin A and C which are really good for the skin’s health. Make a thick paste with water or warm milk of your choice and apply on the scars every day, you will definitely notice the difference.
Apply virgin coconut oil twice a day to treat eczema at home. You can also wrap it with a bandage for absorption.
Get yourself an oatmeal bath once in a week or two. Just add a large scoop of oatmeal into your warm water bath and soak yourself for at least thirty minutes. Make a fine powder before using as it might clog your drain.
Keep these tips and remedies in mind if you want to get rid of eczema scars on legs faster. Although you might not be able to pinpoint the right cause of it, there is a treatment that might help you to get rid and avoid this annoying skin problem.