Whether you have just touched a hot pot or spilled some hot liquid over you, it is easy to treat the burn with ingredients nearby and control the burning sensation and pain. A primary reason why all fear the burns is that it is extremely painful and toxic. Over the centuries, certain home remedies have been used to treat and heal burns completely. Some of the basic ones that are simple and effective are:
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Painful Burns
- Fenugreek: Considered to be of a cold potency, applying fenugreek paste can immediately relieve the burning sensation.
- Honey: Honey has been known to have healing properties since time immemorial. Once the burn has been washed under normal tepid water for some time, just apply a coat of pure and organic honey on it to immediately to settle the burning sensation and for immediate relief. It is basically a natural antibiotic which can both be applied and eaten for medicinal benefits in a natural way.
- Aloe Vera: Known to be the best remedy for all skin problems, Aloe Vera is best applied on a burn in its natural gel form. It reduces the redness, reduces the swelling, and provides a soothing sensation.
- Tea bags: This you might have never known! But refrigerated tea bags that are cold can be rested on the burn for relief from burning and sensation.
- Milk: Literally wash with Milk. Milk is antibiotic in nature again just as honey is and the cold potency of the milk protein relieves the pain and swelling on the affected area. You may want to dip the affected portion in a bowl of cold milk or just soak a cotton swab and place in on the burn after you have dipped it in milk.
- Coconut oil: Again a cold potency item, applying coconut oil lubricates the skin and helps it heal faster. The best part about this remedy is that it does not let the scars from the burn stay and replenishes the skin in its natural form. (go here for more coconut oil benefits)
So once you have settled the pain and the swelling, you may want to speed up the natural healing process by applying Superficial Vitamin C and E oil or in any form such that no ugly patches are left.
A Word of Caution