Aside from healthy foods, doctors recommend herbs for kidney failures. These botanicals are used naturally to treat and repair kidneys.
Kidneys are accountable for so many crucial functions in our body: eliminating toxins and wastes and filtering blood. Additionally, kidneys help maintain blood pressure, manage water reabsorption, control the acidity in the body, and keep electrolytes balanced.
Kidney problems occur when your kidneys lose the ability to filter waste from the blood. But due to various reasons, kidney function is abnormal, i.e., Kidney becomes diseased, where kidneys are damaged and not able to filter blood as they should. This damage can lead to the build-up of wastes in the body, along with causing other problems that can harm your health.
- 1 Causes
- 2 Symptoms
- 3 Recommended Herbs for Kidney Problems
- 4 1. Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa):
- 5 2. Varun (Crataeva nurvala):
- 6 3. Gokshur (Tribulus Terrestris):
- 7 4. Shirish (Albezzia lebbok):
- 8 5. Kaasni (Cichorium intybus):
- 9 6. Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri):
- 10 7. Echinacea, Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata):
Kidney disease disrupts the normal functioning of Murabaha srotas (urinary system), damaging and resulting in blockage in the urinary system that often leads to kidney failure.
Here are the other known causes of kidney failure:
- Chronic kidney disease occurs gradually over many years, usually caused by high blood pressure and diabetes
- Acute renal disease means the kidneys have failed suddenly, typically caused by a toxin (a drug allergy or poison) or severe blood loss or trauma
- Kidney stones, wherein some minerals and other constituents crystallize in the kidneys, develop into solid masses (stones)
- Glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the kidneys) might happen due to infections, drugs, or congenital abnormalities, an autoimmune reaction
- History of acute kidney injury
- Family history of kidney failure
Signs and symptoms of kidney failure may include the following:
- Change in frequency of micturition, which decreases or increases
- Urgent need to urinate
- Urine might be accompanied by blood or difficulty during urinating
- Pain develops in the back.
- Fatigue is the body due to alteration in hormones.
- Swelling in legs, hands, feet, or ankles arises or Puffy eyes
- Hypertension, hypophosphatemia and hypocalcemia might result.
- Skin problems are leading to epidermal rashes or itching.
- Nausea and vomiting or loss of appetite
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Shortness of breath due to extra fluid in the lungs
Recommended Herbs for Kidney Problems
Several botanicals possess medicinal properties that provide healing effects to kidneys. The symptoms appearing in kidney failure can be improved with the help of the below-given herbs, effectively boosting renal health.
Punarnava is an effective herb for kidney disease. It comprises diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties that are useful in removing excess water from the body. Therefore, eliminating extra wastes and recovering the kidneys from function loss. Moreover, this herb stimulates micturition and provides relief from painful micturition. It is also a remedy for fluid retention, reducing swelling and inflammation.
It’s one of the natural herbs you can try in managing kidney failures, which can also be used as a substitute for treatments and avoid dialysis.
2. Varun (Crataeva nurvala):
Secondly, Varun provides excellent care to your kidneys. It contains diuretic, anti-inflammatory properties that promote and break renal stones. Varun helps eliminate excess accumulated fluid from the body. Hence, reducing swelling in case of kidney failure. This botanical also relieves obstruction in the urinary tract.
3. Gokshur (Tribulus Terrestris):
Gokshur is a remarkable diuretic herbal tonic that can help your kidneys recover. Subsequently, this herb strengthens kidney cells and promotes cell regeneration. Like Punarnava, Gokshur can help you avoid dialysis, as it’s effective in eliminating discomfort that a kidney problem brings.
4. Shirish (Albezzia lebbok):
Shirish is another botanical that can repair kidney-related problems. Nevertheless, it contains anti-inflammatory in action, promotes kidney inflammation, and helps eliminate the accumulated toxins out from the body.
5. Kaasni (Cichorium intybus):
Fifth on the list is Kasani, which is proven to have good results when you have kidney disease. As such, it serves as a good alkaliser that provides kidney strength and reduces inflammations. Further, Kasani is a natural remedy you can try if you’re suffering from acute and chronic kidney failure. It has quite effective results in Nephrotic syndrome, nephritis, and other conditions leading to kidney failure.
6. Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri):
Another potent herb with medicinal properties is the Bhumi amla. It contains diuretic and anti-oxidant properties that are useful in treating kidney problems. This botanical can eliminate toxins out of the body. And it even reduces edema or swelling caused by chronic kidney disease.
7. Echinacea, Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata):
Lastly, Echinacea is another botanical herb that has medicinal properties. For instance, it can remove toxins and waste from the body, such as urea, uric acid, and creatinine. Thus, leading to improved kidney function.