While exercises are essential to maintain physical health, they become even more important when someone is trying to lose weight. So, if you are seeking to burn calories and reverse metabolism, then here are some exercises for weight loss. As you increase the set, you would get a step closer to your fitness goals. Besides, you would also be in a better position to target multiple muscles and stay energetic at the same time.
You may come across many variations to the lunge, but the plain jade forward lunge is quite effective for weight loss. As you work on many muscles, you can think about burning calories around the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. So, as you proceed with the exercise, here’s what you need to follow.
- Initially, you need to stand with your back straight and legs a bit apart. As you place the hands on your hips, you can take a step forward with your right leg.
- While you keep the spine straight, you should lower the body till a 90 degree angle is formed with the front and the back leg.
- After pausing for some time, you need to bring the right leg back to the initial position.
- Now, repeat the steps with the other leg by placing it forward.
Ideally, you should do everything 10 times in a single set. For better results, you can repeat a set for three times.
If you are thinking about targeting the area around the chest, legs and the core, then you can go for Burpees. As you feel the difference, you would be able to build a lot of lean muscle. So, here are the steps you should follow.
- Firstly, you need to stand on your feet slightly apart. Once you place the arms sideways, you need to push your hips, back, knees, and lower the body for a squat.
- Now, you need to place the hands on the floor and shift the weight gradually. Later, you need to jump back so that you land in the plank position.
- Afterwards, you need to jump in the forward direction and high in the air.
- Afterwards, you need to lower back into the squat and come back to the first position for the next rep.
For perceiving the difference, you need to complete 3 sets comprising of 8 to 12 reps. If you’re seeking a solution for accelerated weight loss, then you can try Cytomel tablets. As the tablets try to consume fat, these can act as thyroid stimulation agents. However, the tablets should not be considered as a steroid even if these enhance the lean tissue mass.
Squats could be considered as the best exercise for weight loss. When you do them in the right way, you would be engaging the core as well as the lower body. So, here are the steps you need to go through.
- At first instance, you should keep your feet slightly apart and arms on the sides. As you balance the entire body on your heels, you should lower the legs and raise the arms in front of you.
- Soon after you keep the back straight, you need to lower a little bit till the thighs are parallel to the floor. As you follow this step, ensure that the knees are aligned to the toes.
- In the end, you need to maintain an even pace and return back to the standing position.
For effective results, you need to repeat the exercise 15 times followed by two more sets.
Double jump lets you take the traditional squats one level up. With a blend of a jump and lunge, you would be able to increase the heart rate, and feel the effect around the buttocks, the abdominal muscles, and legs.
- Initially, you need to lower the body in a squat and rise up as if you are jumping. But, while you return back, you need to attain the lunge position with the right leg placed at the rear end.
- Now, you need to use some energy to jump from the lunge position back to a squat.
To feel the effect, you have to continue doing the exercise for 45 seconds, and proceed with the steps with every leg. On the whole, you should always do two sets.
Regardless of whether you would be using a resistance band, this exercise is a great way to burn calories. As every leg is moved swiftly, you would be able to target the buttocks, hamstrings, and obliques. So, read ahead to learn about the steps.
- Initially, you need to loop the band around a post and attain the couch leg position. Later, you need to start on the floor in the plank position with feet placed like stirrups.
- Now, you need to bring the right and left knee alternately towards the chest. At this instance, you shouldn’t allow the toes of the bent leg to touch the floor.
To feel the tension, you should do the exercise for 1 minute and rest for 20 seconds. Way ahead, you need to proceed with 3 sets.
Jump rope is nothing but a mid-school gym activity. It not only tones the body effectively but also helps for weight loss. You can actually challenge yourself for the entire minute and bust out the jams of the 90s. So, as you plan to perform the exercise, here’s what you need to follow.
- Firstly, you need to check the length of the rope and grasp it with your hands and keep it in line with the shoulders.
- As soon as you start off with the feet closer to each other, you should hold the ends of the rope and align the elbows towards the ribs.
- While you swing the rope gracefully, you need to hop with your feet. Ensure that you don’t jump mid-way. Instead, you need to jump as the rope passes below the feet. While you continue jumping for one minute, you are required to complete 3 sets.
Since Kettlebell swings engage the entire body, these are extremely effective for losing weight. Additionally, the intense exercise can surely help to burn lots of calories and keep the person healthy. So, once you plan to do the exercise, here’s how you can move ahead with the swings.
- The first step is to stand on your feet hip width apart. You then need to hold the kettlebell with both your hands.
- Soon after you engage the core, you need to press the hips in the forward direction and swing the kettlebell upwards. You then should lower the arms and return to the squat position.
Ideally, you should proceed with 3 sets of 15 swings.
Here are more exercises; you may try at home-
Finally, when you are thinking about shedding weight, you should do the sets on an empty stomach. Before the fitness drill, you should remember to drink plenty of water. Besides, you should perform the exercises in a ventilated room.
Hardip Koradia is a pro health blogger with years of experience in writing resourceful articles on different health topics like alternative health, natural health, home remedies, yoga, diet, etc. His passion for health inspired him to start AyurHealthTips, a growing health blog.